The new online catalog is now available at http://catalog.olemiss.edu . If you have any concerns or notice any issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following are some of the features we would like to highlight:
- We have two catalogs in an academic year, Fall and Spring. While the catalog defaults to the current catalog, you can view a different catalog (Fall 2013-14, for instance) by going to the sidebar on the right side of the page and choosing “Select a different catalog.”
- The new design follows the pattern set by the recently launched Ole Miss website, and includes the ability to navigate laterally rather than by scrolling down the page. It also leverages Responsive Web Design (RWD)—an important improvement as our users are increasingly accessing our sites using mobile devices.
- The content is presented in smaller, more accessible “chunks.” There are more sub-navigation points across the top of the page, eliminating the need to scroll and look through one, long page to find the item for which you are searching.
Recently completed features of the catalog include:
- Degree audit rules associated with programs of study provide detailed course requirements.
- Courses can be searched by name, code, department, and description.
- For courses with special course fees, the information on fees involved is indicated on the course details page and there is a complete listing of all such courses.
- Faculty are listed by school and department as are faculty and staff achievement awards.