Instead of editing your document on your desktop then uploading to Box, you can edit it with Box Edit. Using this application through Box allows you to edit your document and save in two places, on the cloud and on your desktop, with one click.
With Box Edit, you can:
- Create new documents: Create brand new Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files directly from Box
- Edit files quickly: Open a file directly from the preview page on Box, make edits and save back automatically
- Edit any file type: Word documents, presentations, images, CAD files – you name it, you can edit easily
- Easy installation: Download and install Box Edit once by clicking the ‘Edit’ tab on any file preview, and it’ll work on all your browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari
You must have a document editing program such as Microsoft Office, iWork, or Open Office to be able to edit and save with Box Edit. This add-on is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7; Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and is available to all Box users FREE.
To create, edit and save your files, you must first install the Box Edit application.
- Login using your my.olemiss WebID and password.
- Then, click the cloud icon for applications.
- On the right side of the page, under “Applications,” click “Official Box Applications.”
- The Box Edit application is the first application listed.
- Click “Box Edit” and follow the instructions to install.
Once the application is installed, you may begin editing your files.
- Upload documents to Box
- Choose the document to edit
- Click on the “Edit” button above the document
- Make necessary changes to your document
- Click “Save”–this will update your document on your desktop and in Box
Visit www.success.box.com for more information and useful tips on Box Edit.
If you have additional questions, please contact the IT Helpdesk at 662-915-5222 or email@example.com. You can visit our website for more information or contact us Monday through Friday, 8 AM CST – 5 PM CST. Go Rebels!