Forgot your SAP GUI password? The Office of Information Technology is excited to announce the rollout of the SAP Password Reset application that allows SAP users to reset their own SAP GUI password for the SAP Production and SAP QAS (Quality Assurance) systems. You no longer have to contact the IT Helpdesk to reset your password if your account is not locked. Prasad Choudhari, IT Systems Analyst III, developed this application for the UM SAP user community, and it is an excellent improvement over the previous process.
How Do You Reset Your SAP Password?
You can reset your password by logging into myOleMiss. Click on the Employee tab => SAP tab => Select SAP Password Reset located on the left in the “Detailed Navigation” menu. You may also visit http://www.olemiss.edu/sappassword which will prompt you to log into myOleMiss. Upon logging in, you will be taken to the SAP Password Reset application. Select the system (QAS or PRD) for which you would like to change your password.
1. Type, then re-type the new password and click the “Submit” button. (Note: Be sure to follow the Password Rule while creating your new SAP password.)
2. Proceed to login to SAP with your new password.
What If Your SAP Account Is Locked?
Locked SAP accounts may be due to:
- Multiple login attempts with the wrong SAP username, password or a combination of both (Note: Before making numerous login attempts, go ahead and reset your password to avoid account becoming locked.)
- SAP account has not been used in 90 days
- Request by your department due to resignation, inappropriate use, etc.
For continuous updates on SAP and other technical information/projects, read TECHNews, UM Today (TECHNews section), or visit the SAP at Ole Miss Website. For questions or assistance, contact the IT Helpdesk.